Brain and Music Team
We are a research group in the Cognitive Brain Research Unit at the Institute of Behavioural Sciences, University of Helsinki. Since late 1990’s, we have systematically and in an interdisciplinary fashion investigated the brain basis underlying several important aspects of music cognition.
Currently our topics of interest include
- music-sound perception, cognition, and memory
- modularity of music cognition
- musical development and expertise
- music aesthetics, appreciation, and emotions
- clinical and educational applications of music
We are also a part of the Centre of Excellence in Interdisciplinary Music Research.
Interested in participating?
We are constantly looking for participants for our studies. Whether you are a musician or not, you may be able to make an important contribution to science.